Son of Jenny and Thomas Wiley
Hezekiah Wiley, son of Thomas and Jean (Sellards) Wiley, and grandson of Hezekiah Sellards, born in Floyd County, Ky., married at Georges Creek, KY., April 13, 1815, Lucretia (Christine) Nelson born 1798 in North Carolina. This family settled on Twelvepole Creek in Wayne County, VA, now WV.
Hezekiah is deceased by the 1850 census of Wayne Co., VA. He reportedly died on a trip to visit relatives in Kentucky, and probably is buried in Lawrence Co, KY, while Lucretia is listed, age 59, with a daughter or granddaughter Eliza, born in VA.
Hezekiah Wiley and Lucretia Nelson:
1. Thomas Wiley, born in 1816 in KY, married Evaline __?__, born in 1823 in KY. This family was living in Wayne County, WV at the time of the 1850 census. By the time of the 1880 census they were living in Lawrence County, KY. Fourteen children were born to this couple. Nine sons: Elihue, Hezekiah, William Andrew, John Nelson, Thomas, Farmer, Moses D., Isaac, and Abijah. Five daughters: Elizabeth, Angeline, Sarah A., Mary, and Lucretia.
2. William Wiley born 1820 in KY, buried on Laurel Creek in Wayne Co., WV married first in Johnson Co, KY, August 5, 1845 Roxyanna "Roxy Ann" Adkins born 1830, daughter of George Adkins. This family had three sons: George W., Winchester J., and Ira Anderson, married second Amanda Collins. Amanda later married John Nestor.
3. John Nelson Wiley born 1828 in KY married Delana Nelson born in 1833 and lived in Wayne Co, WV at the 1850 census. This family had seven children. Five sons: Leander "Lee", John Nelson, Spencer, Green, and Thomas. Two daughters: Mary Jane and Laura.
4. Hezekiah "Car" Wiley, married first Hannah Napier. This couple had four children. Three sons: Simeon Peter, Moses F., and John. One daughter: Vicy Ann. Married second Almeda Perdue. This family had eight children, one stillborn. Three sons: Johah, William Edgar, and Hezikiah "Carr". Four daughters: Jane W., Hanna J., Lavina, and Elizabeth. Hezekiah initially lived in Wayne Co, WV, later settled in Lawrence Co, KY.
5. Pete Wiley
6. Richard Wiley born 1826 in Johnson Co, KY, married in Johnson Co., KY November 19, 1846, Cynthia A. Lowe born 1831 in Johnson Co, KY, daughter of Stephen Lowe. They were living in Johnson Co, KY in the 1850 census, but had moved to Wayne Co, WV when the 1860 census was taken. This family had one son, Francis, and three daughers, Jane, Sarah, and Nellie.
7. Rachel Wiley, born 1830 in Kentucky, married in Lawrence Co, KY July 1, 1853, A. J. Fry.
8. Lucinda Wiley, married William Adkins September 1, 1850 in Lawrence Co, KY.
9. Jane Wiley married Abraham Meade. one son was born to this couple John A. born May 24, 1856 in Lawrence Co, KY.
10. Lucretia Wiley
11. Moses Wiley born 1836 in Wayne Co, WV, died at his son Robert's home near Catlettsburg, Boyd Co, KY November 19, 1926, married first in Lawrence Co, KY March 27, 1860 Julina Bowen, born 1842 in Lawrence Co, KY. Four children were born to this couple. Two sons: Moses and Thomas A. Two daughters: Talitha L. "Lida", and Roxanne. Married second in Catlettsburg, KY November 3, 1871 Sarah Ann (Riggs) Stewart born 1842 in Wayne Co, VA, died in 1924. Five sons were born to this family: Philip, Sheridan, William Sherman, Solomon "Saul", Edward Seymour, and Robert Nelson.
12. Fanny Wiley married John Stroud
13. Eliza A. Wiley born 1840 in Virgina, married in Lawrence Co, KY February 24, 1856, Joseph Mcguire.
Return to Menu
Copyrighted 1999 The Jenny Wiley Association -
All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster
for questions/problems about this page.